CUTS AND BRUISES- FIRST AID CARE
What to Do:
For Minor Bleeding From a Small Cut or Scrape:
- Rinse the wound thoroughly with water to clean out dirt and debris.
- Wash the wound with a mild soap and rinse well. (For minor wounds, you don’t need to use an antiseptic solution to prevent infection, and some can cause allergic skin reactions.)
- Cover the wound with a sterile adhesive bandage or sterile gauze and adhesive tape.
- If the bandage gets wet, remove it and apply a new one. After the wound forms a scab, a bandage isn’t needed.
- Check the wound daily.
- Call your doctor if the wound is red, swollen, tender, warm, or draining pus.