Infections in kids
Germs, or microbes, are found everywhere – in the air, soil, and water. There are also germs on your skin and in your body. Many of them are harmless, and some can even be helpful. But some of them can make you sick. Infection in kids is very common and are are caused by germs which if not treated on time, can lead to diseases.
There are some important and serious childhood illnesses you should be aware of. You need to get your child to a doctor if you are concerned they may have one of these conditions:
- Through direct contact with a person who is sick. Pregnant mothers can also pass some germs along to their babies.
- Through indirect contact, when you touch something that has germs on it. For example, you could get germs if someone who is sick touched a door handle, and then you touch it.
- Through insect or animal bites
- Through contaminated food, water, soil, or plants
What are the 5 most common infectious diseases?
The 5 Most Common Infectious Diseases
- Hepatitis B. According to current statistics, hepatitis B is the most common infectious disease in the world, affecting some 2 billion people — that’s more than one-quarter of the world’s population. …
- Malaria. …
- Hepatitis C. …
- Dengue. …